The early period is characterized by a crystallization of the collections of publications, so that only five years after the opening of the library appears a Catalog of books as an annex of the Report for 1913-1918 published by the Rectorate of AISCI, a catalog that lists about 1300 titles of monographs and 30 periodicals. The moment “1926 – the appearance of the AISCI Palace in the Roman Square” is the real debut of the library and the placement of the collections according to clear bibliography norms. The new building offers good study conditions for students and teachers, adequate book storage conditions, dedicated reading rooms, new furniture, and office space for librarians. With the publication in 1928 of the Catalog of Books, the Library was definitively transferred from the status of administrative service to that of the main department of information and scientific documentation, guided by solid library principles.
The period of glory in the history of the AISCI Library is the 1930s when there was an increase in book and periodical collections, the introduction of specific administrative acts, the appearance of the file with three catalogs, the adoption of its own Regulations, the introduction of decimal classification of publications.
The importance of the library in the educational process is fully understood by the Academy’s management, so that in 1935 a new building was inaugurated, mainly dedicated to the expansion of the Library. The building is equipped according to the most modern standards of the times: air conditioning, book lift, metal shelves in the warehouse, new furniture for reading rooms. Even King Carol II participates in the inauguration of the Library, a moment marked by the unveiling of a memorial plaque that records: “… this Library was opened as a place of light for the expansion of Romanian culture. Established through the benefaction of book lovers”. Rector Ion Răducanu, a strong supporter of the institution’s Library, valued the institution’s library with similar ones from abroad, and supported the acquisition of important book funds (i.e Manuk Bey, Herkner).
An important role in the development of the library and the organization of collections on scientific criteria was played by the two specialized directors who lead the destinies of the Library for a period of forty years: Christina Tuduri (1933-1948) and Theodor Ludu (1948-1973).
Starting with 1948, a harder period follows for the Library, the communist regime installed in power subordinating education of any level to party ideology. A large number of books and periodicals are included in the list of banned publications, the number of political-ideological subjects and party literature is increasing. Despite the shortcomings of the communist era, the Library continued to support the educational process by enriching the book fund, opening branches and documentary points and increasing the number of places for users.
Another stage of development took place in the early 1980s with the reorganization of the Library by arranging reading rooms in a system with free access to the shelf and installing modern technical components for those times (e.g. audio communication systems between readers and the central bookstore, closed circuit television installation, an electronic display panel indicating the situation of vacancies in the main reading room etc.). For quick information and promotion of newly acquired works, the library has published several bulletins of bibliographic information and economic documentation, reviews and scientific summaries; also, the professors were supported in the scientific research work and works in the bibliography field were elaborated.